Curated Wine Experience
Designed for the true wine-lovers and foodies, the Curated Wine Experience is a real treat for the senses! A knowledgeable wine guide accompanies you to a selection of wine estates for premium tastings and pairings, a cellar & vineyard tour, and a specially curated three-course lunch.
Discover your love for food and wine in a new light!
Your day starts with a journey by tram to a local wine estate where a knowledgeable wine guide weaves the facts, figures and scientific aspects of winemaking into interesting stories about Franschhoek’s history of wine and culture.
During this interactive experience, you will be guided through, and have an opportunity to sample, the subtle tastes of terroir, and learn about the local grape varieties, cultivars and the aspects of viticulture unique to Southern Africa.
A tour of the estate wine cellar will be followed by a specially curated three-course lunch at the estate restaurant.
After lunch, you will visit two additional top Franschhoek wine estates, enjoying a premium wine tasting at each estate.
Prepare to leave this experience feeling more knowledgeable and connected to the local wine culture, and ready to discover the Franschhoek valley further.
- Bookings open to adults only.
- Depart from the Franschhoek Terminal at 10:30am.
- Visit three world-renowned Franschhoek wine estates.
- Travel by double-decker tram and tram-bus.
- Includes thorough wine lecture by knowledgeable wine guide, followed by a guided cellar tour (when available).
- Includes a three-course lunch at a top wine estate restaurant.
- End off the day with premium wine tastings.
- Return to the Franschhoek village at approximately 5pm.
Adult R1150.00 (only available to adults)
- Advanced booking is essential as only 12 spaces are available for each curated wine experience.
- The tour starts and ends at the Franschhoek Terminal, located on the corner of Main Road and Cabriere Street.
- Includes wine lecture, three course lunch, cellar tour (when available), two premium wine tastings and local transport.
- An optional transfer from Cape Town can be added during the booking process (additional fees apply).
- The tour is pre-arranged to a set itinerary by Franschhoek Wine Tram.
Discover Our Experiences
We have an experience for everyone! If you’ve been on our Wine Tram before, why not experience it in a different way this time?