Curated Wine Experience
Designed for the true wine-lovers and foodies, the Curated Wine Experience is a real treat for the senses! A knowledgeable wine ambassador accompanies you to a selection of wine estates for premium tastings and pairings, a cellar & vineyard tour, and a specially curated three-course lunch. Discover your love for food and wine in a new light.
Your day starts with a journey by tram to a local wine estate where a knowledgeable wine expert weaves the facts, figures and scientific aspects of winemaking into interesting stories about Franschhoek’s history of wine and culture. During this interactive experience with a knowledgeable wine expert, you will have an opportunity to sample, the subtle tastes of terroir, and learn about the local grape varieties, cultivars and the aspects of viticulture unique to Southern Africa.
A tour of the estate vineyard and wine cellar concludes with a premium wine tasting at the first estate. Then onto an aroma and wine experience at a second wine estate. This experience will be followed by a specifically curated three-course lunch at the estate restaurant. After lunch, you will stop at your last wine estate for the day to enjoy a premium wine pairing
Prepare to leave this experience feeling more knowledgeable and connected to the local wine culture, and ready to discover the Franschhoek valley further.
- Bookings open to adults only.
- Depart from the Franschhoek or Groot Drakenstein Terminal at 10:00 am. (Availability Dependent)
- Visit three world-renowned Franschhoek Valley wine estates.
- Travel by double-decker tram and tram-bus.
- Includes thorough wine lecture by knowledgeable wine expert, followed by a guided cellar tour (when available).
- Includes a three-course lunch at a top wine estate restaurant.
- End off the day with premium wine tastings.
- Return back to your departure Terminal at approximately 5pm.
Adult R1800.00 (only available to adults)
Franschhoek Wine Tram reserves the right to make adjustments to pricing and products due to changing market conditions and circumstances out of our control.
- Advanced booking is essential as only limited spaces are available for each curated wine experience.
- Subject to availability, the tour starts and ends at either the Franschhoek or the Groot Drakenstein Terminal. Locations:
- Franschhoek Terminal: Corner of Main Road and Cabriere Street, Franschhoek.
- Groot Drakenstein Terminal: Corner of the R310 Main Road & R45, Groot Drakenstein.
- Includes wine lecture, three course lunch, cellar tour (when available), a premium wine tasting and wine pairing.
- An optional transfer from Cape Town can be added during the booking process (additional fees apply).
- The tour is pre-arranged to a set itinerary by Franschhoek Wine Tram.
Discover Our Experiences
We have an experience for everyone! If you’ve been on our Wine Tram before, why not experience it in a different way this time?