|Boschendal||Orange & Navy Line||Yes||A La Carte ( Harvest Style)||27218704200||https://www.boschendal.com/|
|Dieu Donné||Pink Line||Yes||A La Carte||27212240667||https://www.dieudonnevineyards.com/|
|Eikehof||Red Line||No||Cheese Platters||27218762469||https://www.eikehof.com/|
|Franschhoek Cellar||Red, Blue and Pink Line||Yes||A La Carte||27218762086||https://franschhoekcellar.co.za/|
|Grande Provence||Red, Blue and Pink Line||Yes||A La Carte, Tapas, Picnic & Bistro||27218768600||https://www.grandeprovence.co.za/|
|Haute Cabrière||Red Line||Yes||A La Carte||27218768500||https://cabriere.co.za/|
|Holden Manz||Blue Line||Yes||A La Carte||27218762738||https://holdenmanz.com/|
|Klein Goederust||Blue Line||Yes||Spitbraai Menu||27664834549||https://kleingoederust.co.za/|
|La Bri||Blue Line||No||-||27218762593||https://labri.co.za/|
|Le Lude||Red Line||Yes||A La Carte||27218762961||https://lelude.co.za/|
|Le Pommier||Navy Line||Yes||A La Carte||27218851269||https://www.lepommier.co.za/|
|Leopard's Leap||Pink Line||Yes||Rotisserie||27218768002||https://leopardsleap.co.za/|
|Lynx||Red Line||Yes||Light Meals||27218670406||https://lynxestate.com/|
|Maison||Blue Line||Yes||A La Carte||2721 876 2116||https://www.chefswarehouse.co.za/maison/|
|Mont Rochelle||Blue Line||Yes||A La Carte/Picnic||27218762770||https://www.virginlimitededition.com/|
|Noble Hill||Orange Line||Yes||Cosecha||27218743844||https://www.noblehill.com/|
|Paserene||Red Line||No||Platters & Small Plates||27218762714||https://paserene.com/|
|Plaisir||Orange & Navy Line||No||Informal Food Market||27214889977||https://www.plaisir.co.za/|
|Rickety Bridge||Red, Blue and Pink Line||Yes||A La Carte||27218762129||https://ricketybridge.com/|
|Vrede en Lust||Navy & Orange Line||No||Bistro & Cheese Platters||27218741611||https://www.vnl.co.za/|
|Zorgvliet||Navy Line||Yes||Light Meals||27218851399||https://zorgvliet.com/|
Breath-taking scenery, warm hospitality, world-class cuisine, a wide variety of award winning restaurants and fine wines. These are the hallmarks of the beautiful Franschhoek Valley in the heart of the Cape Winelands! The longstanding tradition of winemaking in Franschhoek is a perfect complement to the dining offered in any one of Franschhoek’s more than 40 restaurants. Franschhoek is now known as the Wine & Gourmet Capital of South Africa.
What do I need to know about dining in Franschhoek
Franschhoek is a popular tourist destination and known for the best restaurants in the Cape. Franschhoek’s restaurants boasts many talented chefs, several who have been awarded the highest national and international culinary honours! From morning coffees and unforgettable breakfasts to luxurious lunches, mouth-watering dinners, and delectable desserts, Franschhoek’s restaurants offer it all. Because the dining in Franschhoek is so popular amongst tourists, it is best to book the restaurant of your choice well in advance to avoid disappointment.
The good thing about having a wide variety of dining options to choose from, is that you are guaranteed to find a restaurant that suits your budget, style and personal tastes. Many eating establishments located on wine farms offer a farm to table experience, where they make use of the freshest ingredients, locally grown on their own farms.
Franschhoek’s restaurants offer a variety of dining experiences and cuisines:
- Coffee shops
- Platter restaurants
- A La Carte restaurants
- Buffet restaurants
- Set menu restaurants
- Speciality platters
Franschhoek is home to some of the world’s most beautiful wine estates, with unforgettable views of the surrounding mountains. Dining in Franschhoek is more than just grabbing a quick meal, it’s an experience of a lifetime that will make your senses explode with beauty and excitement. There is a peaceful ambience that allows you to unwind, and enjoy your world-class meal in a tranquil setting. Once you step into the beauty of Franschhoek, you are immediately transported, making your dining experience one you will never forget.
- Make sure to check which tram line each restaurant in Franschhoek is associated with if travelling by tram and the length of the stop of each line.
- Visit the website of the Franschhoek restaurant. Every restaurant is individually listed below with a link to their website, where you will find the restaurant’s menu.
- Look for reviews that specifically describe food quality, service, menu offerings or restaurant character. You want a restaurant with good food and a good experience.
- Identify and ignore poor and unhelpful reviews and ratings. Sift through the reviews from really picky people with over-the-top-expectations. For example, someone who gives it a 1 star and comments, “They couldn’t seat my party of 12 at 6:30pm on a Friday night!
- Visit the restaurant’s presence on social media. Some restaurants create a website and never look at it again, so it remains sort of static. Look at the restaurant’s social media presence to see if there are latest pictures of the restaurant and food.
- Ask locals. Based on what you want to eat and what experience you are looking for, ask them which Franschhoek restaurant they would choose.
- If you have small children, it is always wise to find out if the restaurant caters for children or has a children’s menu.